How do you verify credit cards?
To ensure the buyer has the credit card in their hands at the time of ordering and to filter out scammers who steal large lists of credit card numbers, our shoppers are asked to enter a CVV2 number when placing their order. This is a 3- or 4-digit credit card verification code separate from the credit card number. If we're unable to verify an order's billing information, we'll conduct a Small Charge verification.
This is how the Small Charge verification works:
What we do:
1. We charge your credit card an amount greater than $0, but less than $3.00 USD.
2. Contact you via phone or email informing you that we have assessed the small charge.
1. Contact the bank associated with that credit card to get the exact amount of the small charge, it will show up as a charge by Alpine Extreme. It does not have to be in US dollars, we can perform the conversion.
2. Call us at (307) 343-4700 to confirm the charge and finish processing your order. You can also send an email via our support page.
When verifying your Small Charge by email, please include the following details in your message:
- Your name
- Order number
- Small Charge amount
Small Charge verification is the easiest and most secure way to confirm that you:
1. Have the credit card in your hands
2. Know your account number and bank information
3. Are in good standing with your bank
Once we have authenticated your credit card details, you won’t be asked to go through this process again for future orders.
Is it safe to use my credit card on your website?
Alpine Extreme uses the latest and most advanced security measures available to protect your personal information. Before your credit card number is sent to Alpine Extreme's payment gateway, it is encrypted using the most complex algorithms ...
What type of payments do you accept?
Alpine Extreme accepts Amazon Pay, Apple Pay, PayPal, MasterCard, Visa, Discover Card, American Express, and JCB.
Will Alpine Extreme share my information with other companies?
Alpine Extreme will not sell, barter, or trade any of your information. However, we do share some information such as your name, email address, and billing address with our credit card processors for verification to ensure you're the real owner of ...
How does Alpine Extreme prevent fraud?
Every fraudulent order steals from you as well as from us. Therefore, we're constantly refining and improving our fraud prevention methods. Alpine Extreme verifies that the billing address, phone number, and email provided with an order matches the ...
Is my information secure?
Alpine Extreme uses the latest security technology available to protect your personal information. To ensure your security we take the following measures: Before your credit card number is sent to us, it is encrypted (scrambled) using ...